Set up your team for success in CoConstruct by providing them with the necessary access and permissions based on their role and job in your organization. Each team member interacts with CoConstruct based on TWO types of settings -- certain levels of access plus various permissions.
Project Access = Which projects added to your CoConstruct account a team member is able to open and view. Access ranges from allowing a team member to see:
- ALL projects added to the account
- Just SOME projects you identify are important for them to see
- NO projects at all
Permissions = What actions, functions, or features in the CoConstruct platform a team member is permitted to interact with and at what level. Allow team members to interact with certain areas of the system by selecting from the list provided:
- View - By default, any team member will be able to view published schedules depending on the projects they have access to.
- Can also mark tasks complete - Allows your team member mark tasks on the schedule as complete from the Field Update View or Mobile App.
- Edit - Allows your team member to have access to edit things on your schedule. Examples: adjust dates, add notes, adjust time allotted per task.
- View - By default, any team member will be able to utilize the time clock to clock-in / out as well as edit their own time entries.
- Manage team member time clock entries - Allows your team member to view and edit other team members time clock entries.
Contacts and Leads
- View - Allows your team member to view the Contacts section as well as your Leads section to access contact information.
- Edit - Allows your team member to edit contact and lead information in the Contacts section as well as the Leads section.
- View - Allows your team member to view the Bids, Budgets, Change Orders, Invoices, Proposals, and Purchase Orders. *Note: If you grant the View permission, this will also allow the team member to see total prices and all costs on the Specs & Selections page.
- Edit - Allows your team member to access the Estimate page as well as edit any financial data. *Note: If you grant the Edit permission, this will also allow the team member to make choices on behalf of clients from the Specs & Selections page as well as Edit the Specs & Selections page
Specs & Selections
- View - By default, any team member will be able to view the Specs & Selections. However they will not see any financial costs.
- Can also see total prices - Allows your team member to see the total cost of each item and category.
- Can also see all costs - Allows your team member to see the individual cost lines broken down on an item as well as any markups / margins.
- Can also make choices on behalf of clients - Allows your team member to click “Make Choice” and choose selection items for your client.
- Edit - Allows your team member to edit any spec or selection. This includes the financial data, the specifications, and the notes. *Note: If you grand the Edit permission, this will also allow the team member to make choices on behalf of clients
- Can preview Client Side experience - This allows your team member to click the eye icon at the top right and view the project from the perspective of the client.
- Can update Templates - This allows your team member to edit any Spec & Selection template.
- Can access Performance View - If you have the Performance View enabled on your account, this employee can view that information
Need a team member to access everything, including certain settings and accounting details? Add them as an Admin user.
WHICH PERMISSIONS WORK BEST?
To guide you in deciding which settings are right for which team members, think first about what actions a team member may be required to perform. Pick from the list below to see which access and permissions allow ("✓") or dis-allow ("X") certain functions in those areas of the system. OR view the full chart of permissions.
Important Rules to Remember:
- Permission Prerequisites = Some of these permissions operate on levels with prerequisites. For example, in order to make Edits to certain information, a team member must first be able to View the information. The table provided below states the minimum required for the setting/area. Any team member set as an Admin user has access to all settings and functions.
- Mobile App Access = Some actions simultaneously appear on the mobile app of CoConstruct. Note which functions exist for the indicated column. note that in some scenarios, permissions differ in the mobile app to better reflect field requirements and needs.
PERMISSIONS & ACCESS CHART
Use the below to decide which permissions and access to provide your team for the full website and mobile app. Adjust any permissions when adding new team members from Contacts > Team Members OR an existing team member by using the Edit function from the ellipse menu.
Account Wide & Cross-Project
The minimum permission and access settings required to perform general account actions, access cross-project information, and conduct pre-project tasks.
|View Performance View*||Can access Performance View||Any||✓||*Performance View is a paid add-on and must be added by CoConstruct Support and turned on for the first user|
|View Task Manager||Any*||Any||✓||*Limitations apply to editing, completing, and creating new tasks|
|Clock In/Out||Any||Any*||✓||*All or None project access provides the full list of Prospect, Active, and Warranty projects to record time. Some project access limits available projects.|
|Export||Manage team member time clock entries||All||X|
|Approve/Void Time||Manage team member time clock entries||All||X|
|View ALL Entries for ALL Users||Manage team member time clock entries||All||✓|
|Edit Time||Any*||Any||✓||*CoConstruct keeps an historical record of all changes made to time entries|
|Push to QuickBooks||Manage team member time clock entries||All||✓|
|View/Search/Filter Contacts||View Contacts and Leads||Any||✓|
|Import/Create New Contacts||View Contacts and Leads||Any||✓*||*Add new contacts/leads from the mobile app under Contacts|
|View Individual Records||View Contacts and Leads||Any||✓|
|Edit Contacts/Lead Details||Edit Contacts and Leads||Any||✓|
|Delete Contact/Lead||Admin*||All||X||*This can only be done by Admin users|
|Add/Edit Activities||Edit Contacts and Leads||Any||X|
|Assign to/Complete Activities||Edit Contacts and Leads||Any||✓*||*See and complete these under Tasks. Editing done on full site|
|Team Members||Admin*||All||X||*Only admin users can view, add, or edit team member users|
|View Trade Partners||Any||Any||✓*||*View as part of larger contact list or filter by contact type|
|Add New Trade Partners||Any*||Any||X||*Limitations apply to providing trade partners web access|
|Give Trade Partners Web Access||Any*||Some**||X||*Only Admins can remove trades from projects
**Project access limits ability to give trades access to all projects
|Edit/Delete Trade Partners*||Edit Contacts and Leads||Any||X||*Limitations apply to fully deleting trade partners in order to maintain a record of actions and communications|
|View Cost Catalog||View General Financials||Any||X|
|Add to Cost Catalog||Edit General Financials||Any||X|
|Update Costs to Projects||Edit General Financials||Some*||X||*Updating costs on Projects requires access to those projects|
|Update Costs to Templates||Edit General Financials + Can update Templates*||Any||X||*Both must be present|
|View Specs & Selections Templates||Any*||Any||X||*User will need Can also see total prices and/or Can also see all costs permissions to see costs on templates|
|Edit Specs & Selections Templates*||Edit General Financials + Can update Templates**||Any||X||*Editing items, parameters, markup configurations, etc.
**Both must be present
|Add New Specs & Selections Template||Any||Any*||X||*Requires access to a project to create a template from it|
|View Proposal Templates||View General Financials + Can update Templates*||Any||X||*Both must be present|
|Create & Edit Proposal Templates||Any||X|
|Save & Preview Proposal Templates||Any||X|
|Delete Proposal Template||Admin||All||X|
|View Schedule Templates||Can update Templates||Any||X|
|Edit Schedule Templates||Edit Schedules + Can update Templates*||Any||X||*Both must be present|
|Add/Copy/Rename/Delete Schedule Templates||Can update Templates||Any*||X||*Requires access to a project to create a template from it|
|Run Reports||*All||Any*||X||*Access to certain reports dependent on permissions and project access|
|Personal*||All||Any||X||*This setting lives under the user's name|
|Account > Team Members||Admin||All||X|
|Warranty Request Sublists||All||Any||X|
|Job Log Flags||Admin||All||X|
|Contacts & Project Groups||Admin||All||X|
|Other Settings||View General Financials||Any*||X||*Team member ability to download project data dependent on their project access|
|Scheduling||Can update Templates||Any||X|
|Estimating||View General Financials*||Any||X||*View can only see the page but requires Edit General Financials to make any changes|
|Lead Intake Form||All||Any||X|
|Access Community Forum||
Can update Templates
Edit General Financials
Manage team member time clock entries
|Any||✓||Must have at least one of the 4 listed permissions to have access to the Community Forum|
|Add a project||Any||Some||X|
|Edit Project Name + Location||Any||Some||X|
|Change Project Phase||Any||Some||X|
|Adjust Financial Structure||Admin*||All||X||*While any user can set up financial structure, only Admins can change this setting once the project is created|
|Change Update Clearer||Any||Some||X|
|Add Builders to Project||Admin||All||X|
|Add Trade Partners to Project||Any||Some||X|
|Add Clients to Project*||Edit Contacts and Leads||Some||X||*User would have to have access to the project in order to add a client to the project|
|Determine Client Access||Any*||Some||X||*Non-Admin users can disable budget access BUT only Admins can enable/re-enable client access to the budget|
|Setup + Edit Client Alerts||Edit Contacts and Leads||Some||X|
|Preview Client Side*||Can preview Client Side experience||Some||X||*Includes using eyeball icon on project|
|Link Project to QuickBooks||Admin||All||X|
|Change Default Financial Labels||Any||Some||X|
*In most cases, creating or editing project information requires access to that particular project or some projects.
The minimum permission and access settings required to view, create, edit, and share project financial details. Note that access to the individual project is required to complete any actions or view data.
|View||Any*||Some||✓||*Level of pricing detail dependent on permissions|
|Sync Data||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|View Estimate||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Add/Edit Items||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Copy Items to Template||Edit General Financials + Can update Templates*||Some||X||*Both must be present|
|Configure Markup, Margin & Tax||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Export to QuickBooks||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|View Proposals||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Create/Copy Proposals||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Send Proposals||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Delete Proposals||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Navigate to Proposal Templates||View General Financials + Can update Templates*||Some||X||*Both must be present|
|View Bids||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Create/Edit Bid Requests||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Award Bids||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Push Bids to Estimate||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Cancel Bid Request||View General Financials||Some||X|
|View Purchase Orders||View General Financials||Some||✓|
|Create/Edit Purchase Orders||Edit General Financials||Some||✓*||*Team members with View General Financials can create and edit these from the mobile app and save it as a draft|
|Release Purchase Orders||Edit General Financials||Some||✓*||*Requires minimum of Edit General Financials to release from the mobile app|
|Add Payments||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Add Bills||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Push Bills to QuickBooks||Admin*||All||X||*To push bills manually, the user must be an admin. If the admin sets up the bill to push to QuickBooks when marked as paid, the user only needs a minimum of Edit General Financials|
|Revert Purchase Order to Draft||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Receive Purchase Order Notifications||View General Financials||Some||N/A|
|Create/Edit Change Orders||Edit General Financials||Some||✓|
|View Change Orders||Any*||Some||✓||*Must have View General Financials in order to view the costs on a Change Order|
|Void Change Orders||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Sync with QuickBooks||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|View Budget||View General Financials||Some||✓|
|Export||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Sync with QuickBooks||Admin||All||X|
|Enter Actuals||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Add Notes||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|View Invoices||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Create/Edit Invoices||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Enable Payments on Invoices||Admin||All||X|
|Void Invoices||Edit General Financials||Some||X|
|Resend Invoices||View General Financials||Some||X|
|Push to QuickBooks||Admin*||All||X||*To push invoices manually, the user must be an admin. If the admin sets up the invoice to push to QuickBooks when released, the user only needs a minimum of Edit General Financials|
The minimum permission and access settings required to view, create, edit, and share project schedules, tasks, comments, messages, and more. Note that access to the individual project is required to complete any actions or view data.
|View Schedule (all views)||Any||Some||✓*||*A list and calendar views are available in mobile|
|Complete Tasks*||Can also mark tasks complete||Some||✓||*Users with Can also mark tasks complete but not Edit can only complete tasks from the Field Update View or Mobile App|
|View Task Details||Any||Some||✓|
|Create/Edit Tasks*||Edit Schedules||Some||✓||*Includes assigning users to tasks|
|Copy from Template||Edit Schedules||Some||X|
|View Scope of Work*||Any||Some||✓||*Refers to seeing Specification, Client Notes, and Trade Partner Notes text fields|
|View Spec & Selection Items with Budget||*Can also see total prices + Can also see all costs||Some||✓||* One or Both must be present in order to see specific level of financial breakdown|
|Add/Edit Items||Edit Specs & Selections||Some||X*||*Can add photos to items on the mobile app|
|Delete Items*||Edit Specs & Selections||Some||X||*Delete only available in the absence of decisions, change orders, or a history of selections being made|
|Make Choices||Can also make choices on behalf of customers||Some||✓|
|Update Item Status||Can also make choices on behalf of customers||Some||X|
|View Change Log||Can also see total prices||Some||X|
|Share Messages with Clients||Any||Some||✓|
|Answer Client Questions||Any||Some||✓|
|View Job Log Entries||Any||Some||✓*||*Only view entries in the last 15 days|
|Add/Edit Job Log Entries||Any||Some||✓*||*Unable to edit existing notes|
|Share Entries with Clients||Any||Some||✓|
|Upload Files + Photos||Any*||Some||✓**||
*Must have View General Financials to upload to Bids and Edit General Financials to upload to Purchase Orders and Invoices
**Only upload photos
|Label & Describe||Any*||Some||✓**||
*Must have View General Financials to label/describe photos attached to Bids, Purchase Orders, and Invoices
**Upon upload, use full web to edit
|Share with Clients and Trade Partners||Any*||Some||✓**||
*Must have Edit General Financials to change visibility on Purchase Orders and Invoices
**Upon upload only, use full web to change
|Delete*||Any||Some||X||*Only team members with Can preview Client Side experience can delete client uploaded files/photos|
|Create/Edit Warranty Requests||Any||Some||✓|
|Complete Warranty Requests||Any||Some||✓|
|Accept as Warranty||Any||Some||✓|
|Decline as Warranty||Any||Some||X|
|Verify Warranty Request||Any||Some||X|
|Delete Warranty Request||Any||Some||X|
*Note: Not all features are available on all CoConstruct plans.