Deleting a contact
To delete a contact, you will need to be an admin user on the account.
As an admin user, you can:
- Go to the contact's record by searching for the contact and click on their name
- At the bottom of the left side of the page, underneath the main contact information, click the link to "Delete Contact".
Why can't I delete this contact?
You won't see the option to delete a contact if you aren't set up as an admin user. If this is the case, contact an admin on your account to delete the contact.
If you are an admin user, there are still certain contacts that you won't be able to fully delete from CoConstruct. Contacts that are or were at one point CoConstruct users (builders, clients or trade partners) cannot be deleted from your Contacts page. This is because the "contact" and the "user" are linked together, and we need to keep a record of any selections, comments, tasks, or other changes that were made when that user was active.
If your contact is or was a CoConstruct user, their contact record will show them marked "Yes" as a "CoConstruct User", and the "User Type" will show the kind of user.
You can remove access for a user in one of these ways (the process for deleting users is described in more detail in this article):
- Builder - An admin user can remove access by going to the Contacts > My Team and clicking "Delete" next to the specific builder
- Trade Partner - Go to the Trade Partner list (Contacts > Trade Partners) and click on the partner in question. At the bottom there will be a button to "Delete". If the trade partner is linked to any comments, PO's, bids or completed tasks, you will be prompted to deactivate them instead.
- Client - Go to the Project Setup page and change client access to "OFF" to prevent your clients from logging in or receiving email updates. If you want to remove a client from the project entirely, click the three dots at the top of their information box and select "Remove".
Removing access will make sure the contact will no longer be able to use the system, but as mentioned above, the contact records for these users cannot be deleted in order to preserve the paper trail.
Note: Lead Management tools like opportunities are only available on CoConstruct's Standard or Plus plans.
Deleting an opportunity
Deleting the contact record associated with an opportunity will automatically remove the opportunity as well, but you can also delete an opportunity while retaining the contact details.
To delete an opportunity:
- Click on a lead on the Contacts or Leads pages.
- Find the opportunity details you want to delete on the right side of the page, and click "Delete" at the bottom of the opportunity details.